Doctor Bronchitis - Bronchitis - More Than a CoughBronchitis is an inflammation of the lining of bronchial tubes, the airways that connect the trachea (windpipe) to the lungs. It is a pulmonary disease and is accompanied by inflammation of the bronchi of the lungs. This infection can be caused by some infection occurring due to micro organisms which is present in the air we breathe or due to cold or flu which can aggravate the bronchial tract and can make it very severe.
Causes of bronchitis and symptoms of bronchitis with a dry and irritating cough which is due to the inflammation of the bronchial tubes. Some of the other symptoms are cough which brings up mucus, headache, continuous feeling of tiredness and fever, cold shivers, shortness of breath, tightness at the chest and constant wheezing are to be considered as some of the signs of having bronchitis. .
Like Many Other Disease It can be Chronic as Well as AcuteIf suffering from chronic bronchitis you would be suffering from persistent cough which produces sputum for a continuous three months. The result of an infection caused by the microorganisms leads to the multiplication of the same, causing irritation of your bronchial tract. With such an attack of the bacteria the tubes are swollen and start producing phlegm to fight the irritation in the throat. This is a two-way-sword because by producing phlegm it causes difficulty in breathing and one suffers from wheezing and a bad cough.
Symptoms for Bronchitis
- Usually affects people who are in constant presence of smokers or are chain smokers themselves.
- The recovery period for cold and flu take much longer time than the other people due to this condition.
- Having asthma can also trigger some episodes of bronchitis bouts with the shortness of breath, wheezing and other factors.
- If it gets worse, get it treated by a doctor which is the best thing to do, by which you will get a thorough check up done.
- If you find anything extra mentioning about Acute Bronchitis, do inform us.
- It is only through the exchange of views and information will we learn more about Acute Bronchitis.