Bronchitis Medications - Cough Causes Symptoms Information With TreatmentCoughing is an important way to keep your throat and airways clear. Coughing is an action the body takes to get rid of burden that are irritating the air passages. In the more advanced stages, it's marked by the symptom that gives the disease its name: a severe, hacking cough followed by a high-pitched intake of breath that sounds like "whoop. Coughing can also be triggered by a bolus of food going down the trachea instead of the esophagus due to a failure of the epiglottis although this may result in choking instead.
Worldwide, there were over 45 million cases of whooping cough and 409,000 deaths in 1997 making this easy-to-prevent disease one of the leading causes of illness and death. Provided the patient is a non-smoker and has a normal chest X-ray the cause of chronic cough in 93% of all patients is due to asthma reflux ( heartburn ) or post-nasal drip. Other causes of chronic cough include chronic bronchitis and medications such as ACE inhibitors. Coughing during an injection can lessen the pain of the needle stick caused by a sudden, temporary rise in pressure in the chest and spinal canal, inhibiting the pain-conducting structures of the spinal cord. We have included some fresh and interesting information on Acute Bronchitis. In this way, you are updated on the developments of Acute Bronchitis.
- Antihistamines and decongestants may be a good choice for treating coughs associated with post nasal drip.
- Elevate your head with extra pillows at night to ease a dry cough.
- We cannot be blamed if you find any other article resembling the matter we have written here about Bronchitis Medications.
- What we have done here is our copyright material!
Exposure to Secondhand SmokeAllergies and asthma. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ( emphysema or chronic bronchitis). Lung infections such as pneumonia or acute bronchitis. It was our decision to write so much on Emphysema Chronic Bronchitis after finding out that there is still so much to learn on Understand chronic bronchitis. .
Nasal CongestionA mild fever Sneezing General feeling of being unwell and loss of appetite Red, watery eyes Treatment of Cough Antitussives should not be given when the cough is productive and the patient is bringing up mucus. If the cough is keeping the patient awake at night, then their use at bedtime is indicated. It may take some time to comprehend the matter on Bronchitis Medications that we have listed here. However, it is only through it's complete comprehension would you get the right picture of Bronchitis Medications.
Causes of CoughThe common Causes of Cough: Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) Lung disease such as bronchiectasis interstitial lung disease, or tumors. We are proud to say we have dominance in the say of Acute Bronchitis. This is because we have read vastly and extensively on Acute Bronchitis.
- You have allergies year round, cover your pillows and mattress with dust mite covers, use an air purifier, and avoid pets and other triggers.
- For patients with underlying disease states causing the cough, treatment should first be based on treating the underlying disease.
- The development of Bronchitis has been explained in detail in this article on Bronchitis.
- Read it to find something interesting and surprising!