Bronchitis Definition - Dry Drowning Symptoms in ToddlersDry drowning in toddlers can be defined as a condition developed as a result of water entering into the lungs of the toddlers. This may suffocate the baby causing death due to lack of oxygen in the lungs. It can happen immediately after the water has entered the lungs or after 24 hours. In some cases, if the damage caused by dry drowning is not properly treated, then symptoms can show up once again after several days and may lead to death as well. Usually, the water gets into the lungs of the toddlers while in the swimming pool or even in a bathtub. You may be surprised to know that water from the bathtub can cause dry drowning in infants or toddlers. Therefore, you should be alert while giving bath to your tiny tot. Toddlers do not have well-developed lungs, and hence are more susceptible to dry drowning. The condition worsens if the toddler has some lung problems or any other breathing problem, or has been diagnosed with pneumonia or asthma in the past.
- Secondly, decongestants and cough suppressants are helpful in clearing pulmonary congestion.
- They help in clearing mucus and ease breathing.
- Thirdly, menthol containing cream can also be used to clear congestion.
- You can rub it on your chest or on the nose to ease breathing and prevent cough.
- Apart from these, there are several natural methods that can be equally effective to treat persistent cough.
Change in BehaviorWhen toddlers feel any discomfort, it gets reflected in their mood and behavior. You may also find that your toddler may appear confused and is unable to follow your verbal instructions or is getting overly agitated. The problem with toddlers is that they cannot easily express their thoughts and feelings. As a result, emotional changes can be observed in them. We can proudly say that there is no competition to the meaning of Lungs, when comparing this article with other articles on Lungs found on the net.
The difference mainly lies in the part of the respiratory tract that is affected by inflammation. While bronchiolitis is mainly caused by respiratory synctial virus, bronchitis could be caused by varied strains of bacteria and viruses. Well, whatever be the cause, the symptoms are quite distressing and thus, precautionary measures must be taken. Since these conditions are associated with the inflammation of airways, care must be taken to ensure that the surroundings are free of substances that may irritate the airways. Since viruses can become air-borne, and can spread through inhalation of respiratory secretions, one must maintain distance from those who are down with flu or other viral infections. Since people with a weakened immune system are more likely to develop such ailments, one must make the right lifestyle choices in order to strengthen the immune system, so as to promote good health. We do not mean to show some implication that Lungs have to rule the world or something like that. We only mean to let you know the actual meaning of Lungs!
Fatigue and ExhaustionUsually, toddlers are a bundle of energy. If you find that all of a sudden your tiny tot is showing lack of energy after playing during bath, then it could be the sign of dry drowning. This symptom is often ignored by parents because they feel that their child is just tired after long hours of play.
- Chest Pain Chest pain is not at all common among toddlers.
- So, if your tot is complaining of pain in the chest, then it is a warning signal that something is seriously wrong.
- This happens because of the pressure created on the chest by the vacuum within the lungs.
- Producing such an interesting anecdote on Lungs took a lot of time and hard work.
- So it would be enhancing to us to learn that you have made good use of this hard work!